NIRMA Institute of Management, Ahmedabad invites applications from candidates appearing for CAT 2013 for Admission to the MBA Programme commencing from June 2014*.
- A three year Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3) or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university with atleast 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Students appearing in the final examinations of bachelor’s degree and completing all requirement for obtaining the degree by June 25th, 2014 can also apply provided they furnish the proof of having met with the minimum eligibility criteria by September 30, 2014.
Application Procedure: (Application Form & Written Test – CAT 2013)
Written Test: (Based on CAT 2013)
- Applicants are required to appear for CAT 2013 conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIM).
- IMNU will receive the test scores from IIM for those candidates who have appeared in the CAT examination and have also applied to IMNU.
- IIM have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
- Foreign students / NRI / Person of Indian origin / Gulf Countries and South East Asia candidates can be considered for admission on the basis of their GMAT scores also [taken not earlier than July 2012].
- However NRI sponsored candidates will be considered for admission only on the basis of CAT scores. GMAT scores will not be considered for NRI sponsored categories.
Online Application Form:
- Online application form will be open for registration and submission on www.imnu.ac.in from October 3, 2013 to 31st December, 2013. Last date for receiving filled in application is 31st December, 2013.
- Fill in the on line application form and submit it along with an online payment of Rs.1500/- by credit card / debit card / net banking.
- NRI/NRI sponsored/Foreign Students/Person of Indian Origin/Gulf Countries and South East candidates should make a payment of Rs.5000/- or US$ 115 as processing fee.
- IMNU admission brochure can be downloaded from the website - www.imnu.ac.in
Offline Application Form:
To obtain the application form and prospectus, applicants should send a request along with a demand draft for Rs.1,500/- favouring “Institute of Management, Nirma University” payable at Ahmedabad addressed to:
Institute of Management
Ahmedabad – 382 481 (Gujarat) INDIA
NRI/NRI sponsored/Foreign Students/Person of Indian Origin/Gulf Countries and South East Asia candidates should enclose a bank draft for Rs.3,500/- or US$ 80 along with the completed application form in addition to the regular application processing fee of Rs.1500/- or US$ 35.
Number of Seats Available : 240*
- Tentatively 10 percent of the intake is allocated for admission to NRI / NRI sponsored students. Over and above fifteen percent seats are also allocated to Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Foreign Students / Children of Indian workers of Gulf countries and South East Asia. *Subject to Approval
NIRMA Cut-offs across three years – CAT 2010, CAT 2011 & CAT 2012 -
Overall 80%ile in CAT with 50%ile across each section of the test.
The Institute provides Merit and Merit-cum-Means Scholarships for deserving candidates.
Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in different components of Common Admission Test will be called for Personal Interview and a Written Test (to test the written communication skill). The interview and the test will be conducted in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata and Pune. The candidates will be be finally selected for admission based on the candidates’ performance in the CAT, Personal Interview, Written Communication Test, Academic Performance in X, XII and graduation.
The following weight-age will be given for each component of the selection criteria :
Common Admission Test : 60%
Personal Interview : 20%
Written Communication Test : 10%
Academic Performance : 10%
An additional score up to 5 points will also be given for full-time relevant work experience in a professional organization.
*Subject to the condition prescribed by the Govt. of Gujarat from time to time.
| Offline Application form available from||October 03, 2013|
| Online Application form available from||October 03, 2013|
| Last date for submitting the form||December 31, 2013|
| Short-listing of the Candidates||January/February 2014|
| Written Communication Test / Personal Interview|| March/April 2014|
| Final Selection||April 2014|
| Commencement of the Programme||End of June 2014|
Stay tuned to MBAGYAN.COM for more on CAT 2013 & Other MBA Exam News, B-school Notifications etc..